Now that you’ve explored this website and understand how this program will work, it’s time to create your very own personal blog to record your thoughts, discoveries and exercises. For this program, I recommend that you use Blogger*, a popular free online blog hosting service that is extremely easy to use.
Creating a blog using Blogger takes just four steps:
1. Create a Google gmail account (http://www.gmail.com/).
2. Create a Blogger account (view screenshot).
3. Name your blog (view screenshot).
4. Select your template. (view screenshot).
Once you’ve created your blog there are two important things to know:
- To add posts: The maintenance interface you will use to add posts, edit or change the sep-up of your blog is accessed online at http://www.blogger.com/. Be sure to write down your login and password.
- To view your blog: Your blog address is http://(xxxx).blogspot.com, (xxxx)=the unique identifier you entered in Step 2. Be sure to also write down your blog address.
If you run into problems or would like more information about blogs and using Blogger, here are some discovery resources you can use:
- Blogger’s Quick Tutorial
- Or if you're feeling really adventurous--learn how to set up a video blog at Freevlog.
OK -- Now, it’s your turn...
1. Set up a blog for yourself through Blogger.*
2. Add a test post or two. Note: Use one of your test posts to create an entry about the habits among the 7 and 1/2 lifelong learning habits that is easiest and hardest for you & why.
3. Have fun!!!!
IMPORTANT NOTE: How you choose to identify yourself on your blog is your choice. You can blog under a screen name, anonymously, or as yourself.
* Use of Blogger is only a recommendation. If there is another blog hosting site that you are more comfortable with, please feel free to use it.